Borisov’s Women’s Spaso-Preobrazhenskiy Monastery is located on the Black Sea coast in southwestern Ukraine in the village of Borisovka. Historically, in tourism and pilgrimage it is called short Borisov monastery.
Borisov Monastery is the most extensive territory in the Odessa region. How to get there? From Odessa 170 km, from the district center of Tatarbunara 10 km, 5 km from the village of Borisovka.
The monastery was established in 1905 at a healing spring on the Black Sea coast. Originally as a men’s monastery, but at first the monks volunteered for the First World War, then there was a women’s monastery, in Soviet times an orphanage. During the Second World War, the Romanian occupation troops restored the convent, then again the orphanage. And even a children’s sanatorium for treatment of tuberculosis, which speaks about the healing climate and the medical source. And the treatment for drug addiction here was quite successful – because beautiful nature. The monastery farm pleases the eye with a hotel for pilgrims, gardens, a vineyard, fields of corn, wheat, barley, herds of cows, sheep and goats. The farm is based on the use of modern tractors and other agricultural equipment.
Particularly honorable celebrations of the monastery of Borisov Monastery:
– August 19 – The Transfiguration of the Lord.
– October 14 – The Cover of Our Lady.
In Borisov monastery daily morning and evening services are performed:
- On weekdays: at 5 o’clock morning prayers, midnight, akathist, clock and divine liturgy.
- After the Divine liturgy, bespoke prayers and memorial services are held.
- Evening service begins at 5 p.m.
- On Saturday, the service starts at 6 a.m.
- On Sundays and holidays – at 7 o’clock.
- Every day, except wednesday, there is a prayer for the healing of the non-sage.
- Wednesdays: Akafist of Our Lady for the sake of the miraculous Eya icon “The All-Man” about the healing of cancer patients.
Borisov Monastery photo